Inviato il 19 ottobre 2023 10:17

The time between the notes relates the colour to the scenes
A constant vogue of triumphs dislocate man, so it seems
And space between the focus shape ascend knowledge of love
As song and chance develop time, lost social temperance rules above

Then according to the man who showed his outstretched arm to space
He turned around and pointed, revealing all the human race
I shook my head and smiled a whisper, knowing all about the place

Jon Anderson & Steve Howe (Close to the Edge)

What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms… or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

George R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones)

The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect,

So hard to earn, so easily burned
In the fullness of time,
A garden to nurture and protect
It's a measure of a life
The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect,
The way you live, the gifts that you give
In the fullness of time,
It's the only return that you expect

Neil Peart (The Garden)

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, ‘The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.’ I agree with the second part.

Andrew Kevin Walker (Seven)

In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all.

George Orwell (Nineteen Eighty-Four)

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 10 gennaio 2024 18:44

Un'intervista a D&D, che definirei per metà promozionale e per metà apologetica (oltre a essere ricca di dettagli contraddittori), la quale darà fastidio a molti appassionati di ASOIAF: ‘Game of Thrones’ Creators’ Wild Road to Their Biggest Gamble Yet: Netflix’s ‘3 Body Problem’

Di seguito alcuni passaggi:

The writer-producers had made the biggest TV hit of the 21st century, and the most Emmy-winning drama of all time — and it was their very first show. HBO’s Thrones had a spectacular eight-season run, a global phenomenon that was reputationally marred by a 2019 final season that fans loudly considered disappointing. In the online space, at least, Benioff and Weiss’ obsessive, day-and-night efforts to pull off a production that was unprecedented in its difficulty were shrugged aside. Psychologists call this the “peak-end rule” — how people feel about the end of something tends to color how they feel about all of it. And many fans felt raw about the end of Thrones.

[...]

Yet before signing on, Woo had a chat with Thrones co-executive producer Bryan Cogman and asked him what it’s really like to work with Benioff and Weiss. “Bryan said, ‘You won’t find a single person who worked on Game of Thrones with a single bad thing to say about either of them. They’re genuinely great, decent people,’ ” Woo recalls.

It’s a quote that’s likely to rile those who snark about Benioff and Weiss on Twitter and Reddit, and, to be fair, not all the online acrimony is about their creative decisions. Benioff and Weiss can sometimes come across as dismissive of fan feelings. Even if they privately agree with a Thrones criticism, they feel it wouldn’t benefit themselves, HBO or the thousands of others who worked on the show to say so.

“You always hope everyone’s going to love anything you do and it would’ve been great if 100 percent of people loved it, but they didn’t,” Benioff says of season eight. “You can get so bogged down in public opinion that you spend your whole life googling things and trying to find people who felt one way or the other way.” 

Adds Weiss, “Even super positive feedback makes you feel weird and teeth-grindy and on edge. There’s a drug quality to the feedback, and as soon as we went cold turkey — the last time I googled myself was in 2013 — the ambient stress level in our lives dropped by about 50 percent overnight.”

The duo have run into fans in real life since Thrones ended. These encounters, they say, have gone fine. “There’s an underlying decency when people acknowledge you as a person and vice versa,” Weiss says. “There’s something that happens in the transition from human interaction to online that pushes things in a specifically aggro direction.” 

When Benioff and Weiss wrapped Thrones, many fans assumed they deliberately rushed the show to an early conclusion. They had actually said since season two that they planned on making roughly seven seasons (whether this was ultimately the best strategy or not). Another common assumption is that they ditched Thrones to make more money elsewhere. One of their little-noticed decisions goes against that idea: As the creators of Game of Thrones, Benioff and Weiss were contractually guaranteed producer credits on all future Thrones spinoffs — a lifetime of franchise mailbox money for doing nothing on House of the Dragon, for starters. And they turned it down. Nobody does this.

“HBO was kind of confused,” Benioff says. “I remember their lawyer saying, ‘But it’s just money, we’re just going to pay you.’ ” 

Adds Weiss, “I don’t think there is such a thing as free money. For us, if our name is on it, especially that, while being completely detached and uninvolved, it felt like the strain that would come with that hands-off approach — with its success or failure or anything in between — was not worth it.” 

[...]

“They’re quite aware lightning striking once is rare enough,” Bradley says. “They know there’s such a greater degree of expectation on them than on Thrones because they have a reputation to uphold. Certain people who still have an attitude toward Thrones are maybe looking to see them not hit the mark this time. That’s in the back of David and Dan’s mind — because how could it not be? I think people are going to see this and re-reevaluate them and realize just how great they always were. It’s going to prove a lot of people right, and, maybe, a few people wrong. They’re still trying to break the boundaries of what television can be.”

E una precisazione su cosa è andato storto con Star Wars:

Next was their Star Wars movie. Fans were excited by the idea of the Thrones guys bringing their grounded-fantasy dramatics to a galaxy far, far away. Yet the movie was shelved along with Star Wars projects from other top creatives (like Kevin Feige, Patty Jenkins and Damon Lindelof). 

“We wanted to do The First Jedi,” Benioff says. “Basically how the Jedi Order came to be, why it came to be, the first lightsaber …” 

“And we were annoyed as hell when [Rian Johnson, the duo’s longtime friend and 3BP producer] called his movie The Last Jedi,” Weiss says dryly. “He completely destroyed the obvious title for what we were working on.”

Asked what went wrong, Benioff says, “[Lucasfilm] ended up not wanting to do a First Jedi story. We had a very specific story idea in mind, and ultimately they decided they didn’t want to do that. And we totally get it. It’s their company and their IP, but we weren’t the droids they were looking for.” (Their overall concept still might happen — last year, Lucasfilm announced a movie titled Dawn of the Jedi from director James Mangold.)

Modificato il 05 July 2024 17:07

What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms… or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, ‘The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.’ I agree with the second part.

In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all.

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 19 gennaio 2024 9:39

Il grande rimpianto di D&D è... Mord, il carceriere di Nido dell'Aquila. 😑

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/game-of-thrones-showrunners-one-change-mord-1235785674/

Remember Mord the Jailer? He was that thuggish guard (played by Ciaran Bermingham) in charge of the Sky Cells at the Eyrie who tormented Tyrion Lannister (Peter Dinklage). Tyrion offers him a bribe to help him escape, and later tosses him a sack of gold coins because “a Lannister always pays his debts.”

Well …

“One thing I know I wish we could have done is there’s the character Mord the Jailer,” Benioff says.

“It was a mistake not bringing Mord the Jailer back into it,” Weiss says. “We always talked about doing it.”

“And we had the scene for it,” Benioff says. “There’s a scene set in a tavern …”

“Was it Brienne or The Hound?” Weiss says. “But we realized too late that Mord could have owned the tavern. We could have had that actor in the background acting exactly the way he did as a jailer, except now as a small-business owner. It was just such an obvious, no-brainer, day-after idea.”

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

JonSnow1992
Confratello
Utente
1856 messaggi
JonSnow1992
Confratello

Utente
1856 messaggi
Inviato il 19 gennaio 2024 16:52

Preferisco non commentare.... Poi le persone mi chiedono perché non mi sono mai andati a genio Benioff e Weiss

"Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less."

FrAx8
Confratello
Utente
188 messaggi
FrAx8
Confratello

Utente
188 messaggi
Inviato il 19 gennaio 2024 18:31

Ma dai ragazzi, è chiaramente una dichiarazione fatta per scherzoasciuging

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 19 gennaio 2024 22:28

Se è così, a mio parere hanno fatto la figura dei provocatori. Anziché cogliere il momento per fare un minimo di autocritica, hanno scelto di trollare (con la complicità del giornalista, che anche in questa occasione se n'è uscito col suo cavallo di battaglia "i fan si lamentano perché Dany non ha vinto").

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

FrAx8
Confratello
Utente
188 messaggi
FrAx8
Confratello

Utente
188 messaggi
Inviato il 19 gennaio 2024 23:03

Anche secondo me hanno trollato, ma l'ho visto come un loro modo di non prendere troppo sul serio le critiche sull'ultima stagione. Un modo di prendere e prendersi in giro

JonSnow1992
Confratello
Utente
1856 messaggi
JonSnow1992
Confratello

Utente
1856 messaggi
Inviato il 20 gennaio 2024 0:12
Jacaerys Velaryon ha scritto:

Se è così, a mio parere hanno fatto la figura dei provocatori. Anziché cogliere il momento per fare un minimo di autocritica, hanno scelto di trollare (con la complicità del giornalista, che anche in questa occasione se n'è uscito col suo cavallo di battaglia "i fan si lamentano perché Dany non ha vinto").

E non sarebbe la prima volta

JonSnow1992
Confratello
Utente
1856 messaggi
JonSnow1992
Confratello

Utente
1856 messaggi
Inviato il 25 gennaio 2024 16:33

Un'intervista a D&D, che definirei per metà promozionale e per metà apologetica (oltre a essere ricca di dettagli contraddittori), la quale darà fastidio a molti appassionati di ASOIAF: ‘Game of Thrones’ Creators’ Wild Road to Their Biggest Gamble Yet: Netflix’s ‘3 Body Problem’

Di seguito alcuni passaggi:

The writer-producers had made the biggest TV hit of the 21st century, and the most Emmy-winning drama of all time — and it was their very first show. HBO’s Thrones had a spectacular eight-season run, a global phenomenon that was reputationally marred by a 2019 final season that fans loudly considered disappointing. In the online space, at least, Benioff and Weiss’ obsessive, day-and-night efforts to pull off a production that was unprecedented in its difficulty were shrugged aside. Psychologists call this the “peak-end rule” — how people feel about the end of something tends to color how they feel about all of it. And many fans felt raw about the end of Thrones.

[...]

Yet before signing on, Woo had a chat with Thrones co-executive producer Bryan Cogman and asked him what it’s really like to work with Benioff and Weiss. “Bryan said, ‘You won’t find a single person who worked on Game of Thrones with a single bad thing to say about either of them. They’re genuinely great, decent people,’ ” Woo recalls.

It’s a quote that’s likely to rile those who snark about Benioff and Weiss on Twitter and Reddit, and, to be fair, not all the online acrimony is about their creative decisions. Benioff and Weiss can sometimes come across as dismissive of fan feelings. Even if they privately agree with a Thrones criticism, they feel it wouldn’t benefit themselves, HBO or the thousands of others who worked on the show to say so.

“You always hope everyone’s going to love anything you do and it would’ve been great if 100 percent of people loved it, but they didn’t,” Benioff says of season eight. “You can get so bogged down in public opinion that you spend your whole life googling things and trying to find people who felt one way or the other way.” 

Adds Weiss, “Even super positive feedback makes you feel weird and teeth-grindy and on edge. There’s a drug quality to the feedback, and as soon as we went cold turkey — the last time I googled myself was in 2013 — the ambient stress level in our lives dropped by about 50 percent overnight.”

The duo have run into fans in real life since Thrones ended. These encounters, they say, have gone fine. “There’s an underlying decency when people acknowledge you as a person and vice versa,” Weiss says. “There’s something that happens in the transition from human interaction to online that pushes things in a specifically aggro direction.” 

When Benioff and Weiss wrapped Thrones, many fans assumed they deliberately rushed the show to an early conclusion. They had actually said since season two that they planned on making roughly seven seasons (whether this was ultimately the best strategy or not). Another common assumption is that they ditched Thrones to make more money elsewhere. One of their little-noticed decisions goes against that idea: As the creators of Game of Thrones, Benioff and Weiss were contractually guaranteed producer credits on all future Thrones spinoffs — a lifetime of franchise mailbox money for doing nothing on House of the Dragon, for starters. And they turned it down. Nobody does this.

“HBO was kind of confused,” Benioff says. “I remember their lawyer saying, ‘But it’s just money, we’re just going to pay you.’ ” 

Adds Weiss, “I don’t think there is such a thing as free money. For us, if our name is on it, especially that, while being completely detached and uninvolved, it felt like the strain that would come with that hands-off approach — with its success or failure or anything in between — was not worth it.” 

[...]

“They’re quite aware lightning striking once is rare enough,” Bradley says. “They know there’s such a greater degree of expectation on them than on Thrones because they have a reputation to uphold. Certain people who still have an attitude toward Thrones are maybe looking to see them not hit the mark this time. That’s in the back of David and Dan’s mind — because how could it not be? I think people are going to see this and re-reevaluate them and realize just how great they always were. It’s going to prove a lot of people right, and, maybe, a few people wrong. They’re still trying to break the boundaries of what television can be.”

E una precisazione su cosa è andato storto con Star Wars:

Next was their Star Wars movie. Fans were excited by the idea of the Thrones guys bringing their grounded-fantasy dramatics to a galaxy far, far away. Yet the movie was shelved along with Star Wars projects from other top creatives (like Kevin Feige, Patty Jenkins and Damon Lindelof). 

“We wanted to do The First Jedi,” Benioff says. “Basically how the Jedi Order came to be, why it came to be, the first lightsaber …” 

“And we were annoyed as hell when [Rian Johnson, the duo’s longtime friend and 3BP producer] called his movie The Last Jedi,” Weiss says dryly. “He completely destroyed the obvious title for what we were working on.”

Asked what went wrong, Benioff says, “[Lucasfilm] ended up not wanting to do a First Jedi story. We had a very specific story idea in mind, and ultimately they decided they didn’t want to do that. And we totally get it. It’s their company and their IP, but we weren’t the droids they were looking for.” (Their overall concept still might happen — last year, Lucasfilm announced a movie titled Dawn of the Jedi from director James Mangold.)

Mi sembra la solita intervista apologetica e autorefenziale rilasciata dopo il 2019(anche se bisogna riconoscere che dopo la fine di GOT abbiano mantenuto un profilo estremamente basso e riservato)

Comunque non condivido affatto il loro approccio con cui adattano dei libri che siano fantasy o di fantascienza.  Fossi un fan del libro di Liu Cixin comincerei a preoccuparmi. Sia chiaro questo approccio è comune a tanti showrunners e registi 

Frank Stark
Utente
190 messaggi
Frank Stark

Utente
190 messaggi
Inviato il 26 gennaio 2024 12:25

Sull'intervista non commento, anche perché mi è partita in testa la sigla di una sitcom con protagonisti Mord e Frittella proprietari del posto.

Su quei due, bhe, non penso che sia effetto danny kruger, ma loro volontà di sentirsi superiori per aver rovinato l'unica opera che gli era venuta bene, tranne che per le ultime stagioni.

D
Daemon Targaryen
Utente
1647 messaggi
Daemon Targaryen

D

Utente
1647 messaggi
Inviato il 27 gennaio 2024 11:42

D&D hanno commesso degli errori, ma ormai sono passati quasi 5 anni dalla fine di Got e TWOW (meglio non parlare più di ADOS) non è stato pubblicato. Io ho la sensazione che Martin preferisca lavorare nel mondo delle serie TV e ASOIAF è stata molto utile in tal senso. Forse lui sperava di accontentare i fan con un adattamento più fedele e un finale migliore (anche se pur sempre semplificato) ma D&D non hanno seguito il suo "schema". Questo ha aumentato le aspettative dei fan per i libri che devono ancora uscire, ma lui non ha cambiato le sue preferenze. Ora è incastrato in questa situazione e non sa come uscirne.

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 23 febbraio 2024 21:34

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/game-of-thrones-film-trilogy-plan-canceled-1235920358/

D&D hanno confermato che avrebbero voluto terminare GOT con 3 film al posto delle due stagioni da 7+6 episodi.

Inoltre, gli allora proprietari di HBO avevano proposto di realizzare mini episodi e di fare riprese in verticale, per agevolare la visione della serie sui cellulari.

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 31 marzo 2024 14:21

Il Trono di Spade: i co-creatori non si aspettavano tutto l'odio per l'ultima stagione

I co-creatori de Il Trono di Spade hanno ammesso che non si aspettavano di ricevere tanto odio per l'ultima stagione: credevano che una parte del pubblico l'avrebbe apprezzata.

https://multiplayer.it/notizie/il-trono-di-spade-co-creatori-non-aspettavano-odio-ultima-stagione.html

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

JonSnow1992
Confratello
Utente
1856 messaggi
JonSnow1992
Confratello

Utente
1856 messaggi
Inviato il 31 marzo 2024 19:37

Il Trono di Spade: i co-creatori non si aspettavano tutto l'odio per l'ultima stagione

I co-creatori de Il Trono di Spade hanno ammesso che non si aspettavano di ricevere tanto odio per l'ultima stagione: credevano che una parte del pubblico l'avrebbe apprezzata.

https://multiplayer.it/notizie/il-trono-di-spade-co-creatori-non-aspettavano-odio-ultima-stagione.html

https://movieplayer.it/news/il-trono-di-spade-creatori-rivelano-morti-preferite-serie_140095/

JonSnow1992
Confratello
Utente
1856 messaggi
JonSnow1992
Confratello

Utente
1856 messaggi
Inviato il 31 marzo 2024 19:44

Premesso che le minaccie di morte, gli insulti personali ricevuti da D&D siano assolutamente delle reazioni e dei comportamenti sbagliati, irrazionali, deprorevoli, da censurare e da condannare senza riserva mi sembra che Benioff e Weiss continuino ad arrampicarsi sugli specchi. Ridurre tutto a i fan non hanno apprezzato perchè Dany non ha vinto o eravamo consapevoli di quanto il finale fosse divisivo, secondo me è molto riduttivo e offende l'intelligenza di buona parte del fandom

Creato
10 anni fa
Ultima Risposta
3 mesi fa

MIGLIOR CONTRIBUTO IN QUESTA DISCUSSIONE
Jacaerys Velaryon
53 messaggi
D
Daemon Targaryen
45 messaggi