4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 25 agosto 2024 13:00

Un riassunto delle sue dichiarazioni, secondo un redditor:

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/s/XVPugDEvti

I went. There was not some huge ASOIAF update. He said he was still working on Winds and that he was really stressed about it and worrying/thinking about his legacy a lot. He was actually really vulnerable and heartfelt about his struggles.

[...]

He talked about visiting Tolkien's grave and being struck by all the memorials left behind by fans. He said he dreamed of leaving such a legacy but worried that he wouldn't if he didn't finish. He also said he thinks of his characters as his children (like all authors do) and that he really wanted them to outlive him. 

He didn't seem bored or fed up with ASOIAF, he seemed like he still loved it and had so many ideas he still wanted to bring to life.

In un altro commento è riportata la conferma che esistono appunti per dodici novelle complessive di D&E: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/s/t0PYBKyRsM

Modificato il 25 August 2024 16:08

The time between the notes relates the colour to the scenes
A constant vogue of triumphs dislocate man, so it seems
And space between the focus shape ascend knowledge of love
As song and chance develop time, lost social temperance rules above

Then according to the man who showed his outstretched arm to space
He turned around and pointed, revealing all the human race
I shook my head and smiled a whisper, knowing all about the place

Jon Anderson & Steve Howe (Close to the Edge)

What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms… or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

George R. R. Martin (A Game of Thrones)

The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect,

So hard to earn, so easily burned
In the fullness of time,
A garden to nurture and protect
It's a measure of a life
The treasure of a life is a measure of love and respect,
The way you live, the gifts that you give
In the fullness of time,
It's the only return that you expect

Neil Peart (The Garden)

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, ‘The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.’ I agree with the second part.

Andrew Kevin Walker (Seven)

In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all.

George Orwell (Nineteen Eighty-Four)

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 30 agosto 2024 17:17

Così parlò GRRM:

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2024/08/30/burn-him-burn-him/

This has not been a good year for anyone, with war everywhere and fascism on the rise… and on a more personal level, I have had a pretty wretched year as well, one full of stress, anger, conflict, and defeat.

I need to talk about some of that, and I will, I will… I was away from my computer traveling from July 15 to August 15, so a lot of things that needed saying did not get said. I am glad I took that trip, though. My stress levels beforehand were off the charts, so much so that I was seriously considering cancelling my plans and staying at home. I am glad I didn’t, though. It was so so good to get away for a little, to put all the conflict aside for a time.

What is honor compared to a woman's love? What is duty against the feel of a newborn son in your arms… or the memory of a brother's smile? Wind and words. Wind and words. We are only human, and the gods have fashioned us for love. That is our great glory, and our great tragedy.

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

Ernest Hemingway once wrote, ‘The world is a fine place, and worth fighting for.’ I agree with the second part.

In this game that we’re playing, we can’t win. Some kinds of failure are better than other kinds, that’s all.

D
Daemon Targaryen
Utente
1647 messaggi
Daemon Targaryen

D

Utente
1647 messaggi
Inviato il 30 agosto 2024 19:30

Bisogna aggiornare le previsioni: non più 2030, ma 2035 blink

varys
Confratello
Utente
19 messaggi
varys
Confratello

Utente
19 messaggi
Inviato il 30 agosto 2024 22:48

Quindi avremo un nipote del vecchio George che farà le stesse porcate del figlio di Tolkien. Ottimo

Euron Gioiagrigia
Confratello
Utente
9039 messaggi
Euron Gioiagrigia
Confratello

Utente
9039 messaggi
Inviato il 31 agosto 2024 13:44

Tolta la parte sulle guerre e il fascism che alla fine chissene, potrebbe averlo scritto in un qualunque momento dal 2016 in poi.

Kevan Lannister
Confratello
Utente
4008 messaggi
Kevan Lannister
Confratello

Utente
4008 messaggi
Inviato il 31 agosto 2024 14:40
Daemon Targaryen ha scritto:

Già con 565 pagine per me comincia ad essere un problema, visto che se clicco sull'ultima risposta mi va a pagina 556 ...

Ci arriviamo a pagina 1.000 ?

R
Red Snow
Confratello
Utente
744 messaggi
Red Snow
Confratello

R

Utente
744 messaggi
Inviato il 02 settembre 2024 12:25
Kevan Lannister ha scritto:
Daemon Targaryen ha scritto:

Già con 565 pagine per me comincia ad essere un problema, visto che se clicco sull'ultima risposta mi va a pagina 556 ...

Ci arriviamo a pagina 1.000 ?

Confermo anche a me....

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 09 settembre 2024 22:32

GRRM sta scrivendo (lentamente) sia TWOW che F&B 2:

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2024/09/09/a-belated-blog/

Nor did I find much solace in my work.  Writing came hard, and though I did produce some new pages on both THE WINDS OF WINTER (yes) and BLOOD & FIRE (the sequel to FIRE & BLOOD, the second part of my Targaryen history), I would have liked to turn out a lot more.

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

the neck
Confratello
Utente
2141 messaggi
the neck
Confratello

Utente
2141 messaggi
Inviato il 09 settembre 2024 23:35

traduzione...

"sono fermo al palo con TWOW ma lo inserisco in ogni caso in un altro messaggio mentre provo a buttare giu qualche pagina di altro, tra un battibecco sulle serie e un altro"...

ma gli costera cosi tanto scrivere "non ce la faccio o non ho piu voglia di provare a finire TWOW", sarebbe il primo a viverla meglio, e magari inizierebbe a considerare qualche altra soluzione...

" A Grande Inverno giuriamo la fedeltà della Torre delle Acque Grigie. Cuore e focolare e raccolto a te noi doniamo, mio lord. Le nostre spade, le lance e le frecce sono al tuo comando. Da’ misericordia ai nostri deboli, aiuta i nostri inermi e fa’ giustizia per tutti. Noi mai ti volteremo le spalle. Lo giuro sulla terra e sull’acqua. Lo giuro sul bronzo e sul ferro. Lo giuriamo sul ghiaccio e sul fuoco. "

Ellie%20Kendrick.jpg

60a0669f04b4ad2cf08afa040c84534f--cospla

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 10 settembre 2024 0:42

David Lightbringer, esponente di spicco della comunità ASOIAF, ha addirittura commentato che GRRM avrebbe bisogno di andare in terapia:

of course of course, I'm just surprised at the choice to endlessly post about his mental health like this. Talking about a year full of defeat and all this... like he really sounds like he needs a therapist

like I know we're very close to this whole thing? but step back for a second. why is it taking 13 years to write a book? there's no actual rational explanation for it. his poor mental health has got to be the main reason

Modificato il 10 September 2024 00:09

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

FrAx8
Confratello
Utente
188 messaggi
FrAx8
Confratello

Utente
188 messaggi
Inviato il 10 settembre 2024 8:11
Jacaerys Velaryon ha scritto:

GRRM sta scrivendo (lentamente) sia TWOW che F&B 2:

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2024/09/09/a-belated-blog/

Nor did I find much solace in my work.  Writing came hard, and though I did produce some new pages on both THE WINDS OF WINTER (yes) and BLOOD & FIRE (the sequel to FIRE & BLOOD, the second part of my Targaryen history), I would have liked to turn out a lot more.

Che poi quante volte ha detto che TWOW era la sua priorità e non avrebbe scritto altro nel mentre? Martin è apertamente un cazz...ro.

Edit. Peraltro usare la scusa delle serie tv che in questi mesi hanno mangiato il tempo che avrebbe dovuto dedicare a TWOW, 13 anni dopo, è un insulto ai suoi fan.

Bon, vabè

Modificato il 10 September 2024 08:09

D
Daemon Targaryen
Utente
1647 messaggi
Daemon Targaryen

D

Utente
1647 messaggi
Inviato il 10 settembre 2024 9:30

Tra l'altro non è vero, a differenza di alcuni commenti che ho letto in rete, che è la prima volta in cui fa un aggiornamento su F&B II (aveva già detto che lo stava scrivendo più di due anni fa, a marzo 2022). I suoi collaboratori avevano scritto sul blog che F&B II non sarebbe uscito prima di TWOW, ma non mi stupirei se nei prossimi anni fosse annunciato da un momento all'altro prima di TWOW (credo abbia più possibilità di finire quello).

Baby Rickon
Utente
612 messaggi
Baby Rickon

Utente
612 messaggi
Inviato il 10 settembre 2024 9:46

Io mi accontenterei di leggere anche BLOOD&FIRE, come l'ha chiamato lui, nella lunga attesa di TWOW, se non altro almeno lo cita...

Nota a margine: anche a me si è bloccato a pagina 554 ogni volta che carico

Modificato il 10 September 2024 09:09

...Wild as a winter storm...

"Are we going home? [ ...] I want my horse. And I want applecakes and butter and honey, and Shaggy. Are we going where Shaggydog is?"

"Yes" Bran promised.

"Take me home!" Rickon demanded. "I want to be home!"

M
Metamorfo
Confratello
Utente
10191 messaggi
Metamorfo
Confratello

M

Utente
10191 messaggi
Inviato il 10 settembre 2024 9:59

Io ero rimasto all'annuncio che non avrebbe scritto altro prima della fine di TWOW e che in seguito avrebbe probabilmente scritto F&B2 e alcune novelle di D&E prima di iniziare ADOS, però non mi stupisce che stia scrivendo F&B e secondo me, anche se non lo dice nel blog, ci sono buone possibilità che stia scrivendo anche un nuovo racconto di D&E, visto che gli è sempre piaciuto, e che sembra molto ben preso dalla serie tv.

Questo, più il fatto che ammette di scrivere molto poco, e che depressione e vecchiaia esasperano la sua lentezza, mi porta a pensare che TWOW non uscirà prima di un paio di anni (ADOS non uscirà mai, come ormai credo abbiano hanno capito pure i più inguaribili ottimisti).

Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello
Utente
4740 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
Confratello

Utente
4740 messaggi
Inviato il 10 settembre 2024 10:21

Questo è ciò che disse il 9 marzo 2022:

https://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2022/03/09/random-updates-and-bits-o-news/

The world of Westeros, the world of A SONG OF ICE & FIRE, is my number one priority, and will remain so until the story is told. But Westeros has become bigger than THE WINDS OF WINTER, or even A SONG OF ICE & FIRE. In addition to WINDS, I also need to deliver the second volume of Archmaester Gyldayn’s history, FIRE & BLOOD. (Thinking of calling that one BLOOD & FIRE, rather than just F&B, Vol 2). Got a couple hundred pages of that one written, but there’s still a long way to go. I need to write more of the Dunk & Egg novellas, tell the rest of their stories, especially since there’s a television series about them in development. There’s a lavish coffee table book coming later this year, an illustrated, condensed version of FIRE & BLOOD done with Elio Garcia and Linda Antonsson (my partners on THE WORLD OF ICE AND FIRE), and my Fevre River art director, Raya Golden. And another book after that, a Who’s Who in Westeros. And that’s just the books.

Modificato il 10 September 2024 10:09

In the fullness of time,
It's a measure of a life
In the fullness of time,

Neil Peart (The Garden)

Creato
13 anni fa
Ultima Risposta
1 settimana fa

MIGLIOR CONTRIBUTO IN QUESTA DISCUSSIONE
M
Metamorfo
532 messaggi
Jacaerys Velaryon
421 messaggi
Euron Gioiagrigia