Entra Registrati
La Ruota del Tempo - 12 - A Memory of Light
Q di Qyburn
creato il 18 settembre 2007

Questa discussione è stata archiviata, non è più possibile rispondere.
K
kindra
Confratello
Utente
1911 messaggi
kindra
Confratello

K

Utente
1911 messaggi
Inviato il 19 febbraio 2008 23:24
Qualcuno potrebbe indicarmi un buon sito su questa saga?

Non conosco veri e propri siti in italiano, ma questo forum contiene un micchio di notizie interessanti.

http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/forum.asp...103&f=42103

E poi c'è FantasyMagazine che ogni tanto pubblica aggiornamenti. ;)

Ok, so di essere in ritardo e di dover scrivere un nuovo pezzo, ma Alessia ha avuto la febbre e io non ho avuto tempo per far altro che pensare a lei, almeno quando non ero al lavoro... :blink: ;) ;)

B
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello
Utente
3611 messaggi
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello

B

Utente
3611 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 9:53

Brivido, terrore e raccapriccio ;) ...Kindra mi hai feriro a morte ;) ---> Annullato WOT n.12

Non aggiungo altro

Bry :wacko:

P
Polgara
Confratello
Utente
2481 messaggi
Polgara
Confratello

P

Utente
2481 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 12:09

Siamo sicuri che non sia un pesce d'aprile? :wacko:

A me sembra molto strano...fino a poco tempo fa c'erano solo parole di elogio da parte della moglio di Jordan x Sanderson!

Inoltre se è vero che Jordan ha lasciato molto materiale la vedo dura dare un'interpretazione diversa da quello che lui ha scritto!

Continuo a pensare ad un pesce d'aprile da parte di FM! ;)

Polgara

B
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello
Utente
3611 messaggi
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello

B

Utente
3611 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 12:22

Siamo sicuri che non sia un pesce d'aprile? :wacko:

A me sembra molto strano...fino a poco tempo fa c'erano solo parole di elogio da parte della moglio di Jordan x Sanderson!

Inoltre se è vero che Jordan ha lasciato molto materiale la vedo dura dare un'interpretazione diversa da quello che lui ha scritto!

Continuo a pensare ad un pesce d'aprile da parte di FM! ;)

Polgara

.....uhm....a questo non ci avevo pensato....io comunque sul blog Dragonmount.com non ho trovato nulla.

Se è un pesce d'Aprile, giuro che Kindra me la mangio!!! ;) :(

O
Olorin
Confratello
Utente
468 messaggi
Olorin
Confratello

O

Utente
468 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 12:31

Mhm... la storia puzza...

Anche perchè oggi Brandon Sanderson, l'autore che doveva scrivere A Memory of Light, HA effettivamente aggiornato il suo blog.

Ora, di fronte a tale notizia riportata da FM, uno si aspetterebbe lacrime e sangue, ira e frustrazione... in realtà non si trova niente di tutto ciò sul blog ufficiale di Sanderson: solo un post riguardante le torture a cui sua moglie lo sottopone facendogli mangiare verdura. Anzi, nel psot datato 30/3/08 annuncia la nascita di una pagina dedicata ad A Memory of Light sul suo sito.

Anche sul blog ufficiale di Jordan non appare alcuna notizia in merito, così come il sito di Tor Books, che è l'editore americano.

Per quanto mi riguarda, è un pesce d'aprile bello e buono...

Aggiungiamo che Fm ha anche pubblicato una serie di articoli "poco credibili" datati 1/04/08... fatevi un giro sulla home page di Fm e deducete da soli :wacko:

B
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello
Utente
3611 messaggi
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello

B

Utente
3611 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 12:42

Aggiungiamo che Fm ha anche pubblicato una serie di articoli "poco credibili" datati 1/04/08... fatevi un giro sulla home page di Fm e deducete da soli ;)

Ahh, quello su Tolkien mi ha fatto scompisciare....avrei dovuto arrivarci :wacko:

G
GIL GALAD
Confratello
Utente
3945 messaggi
GIL GALAD
Confratello

G

Utente
3945 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 14:21

Credo sia quasi certamente un bel pesciolone! ;) ;) :( Non abbocchiamo amici! :wacko: :)

Gil Galad - Stella di radianza

tumblr_muo8fgpg3y1sqnt7oo1_500.jpg

G
GIL GALAD
Confratello
Utente
3945 messaggi
GIL GALAD
Confratello

G

Utente
3945 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 17:52

Rinnovo l'idea che quasi certamente l'articolo di fantasymagazine sia un bel pesciolone d'Aprile, infatti altrove nei siti americani (almeno per ora) non vi è traccia di tale notizia, pertanto vi posto questo documento in inglese che se qualcuno vorrà tradurre sarà ringraziato.

The Wheel of Time

Book Twelve

A Memory of Light

by Robert Jordan & Brandon Sanderson

About this Book

As we all know, Robert Jordan passed away in September, 2007. A Memory of Light, the twelth and final novel in The Wheel of Time series, was incomplete at the time of his passing. He left behind a staggering amount of notes on the world, as well as some written chapters for the final book. In addition, for the parts of the story he did not have documented in written form, he passed on in the good, old fashioned way: he told people the story.

In his last days he told the story to his friends and family, who recorded it onto tape. In the months that followed his death, Harriet, Robert Jordan's beloved wife and editor, put together a comprehensive outline of this final book.

Brandon Sanderson, an up-and-coming fantasy writer (and long-time fan of Robert Jordans's) was chosen by Harriet to bring the outline to life in the form of a published novel. Harriet will edit this book, just as she did the rest of the series.

When will it be published?

The manuscript for A Memory of Light is expected to be completed by December, 2008. From there it will undergo further editing and preparation. It is currently expected to be published in the Fall of 2009. If this timeframe changes, we will report it here on the website.

Will the prologue be published early?

It's still too early to tell. Robert Jordan released the prolgues to the previous three books several months ahead of the book itself being published. Although it seems likely they'll follow this trend again for this final novel, we won't know until much more time has passed.

What will happen in this book?

We have, of course, no idea! Dragonmount will soon publish a list of unresolved questions and plot threads that we know of. Most of those are likely to be resolved, but both Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson are known for their suprise twists.

Brandon Sanderson said the following about the contents of A Memory of Light:

[A Memory of Light] WILL finish the series. I've read the outline, and I am confident that I can do it in a single book. This won't go five more novels. It will end here.

Note that I'm not saying there won't be more Wheel of Time material released. That's not up to me. There were notes for prequels (Mr. Jordan wrote one of a planned three) and some notes on what happened to certain characters after the end of book 12. However, those are all intended as extra information and separate books outside the Wheel of Time main series.

Book 12 will deal with the final battle and give resolution to the story started in EYE OF THE WORLD. It will be one volume if it's within my power to make it so.

Where can I learn more about Brandon Sanderson?

Brandon runs a very active website complete with forums and a blog. He encourages anybody to contact himn through his website and encourages you to enjoy his free sample chapeters of his published books.

Please note: if you contact him, please do not pester him with questions about the plot of A MEMORY OF LIGHT. His contract prevents him from being able to talk about that stuff.

:wacko: ;)

G
GIL GALAD
Confratello
Utente
3945 messaggi
GIL GALAD
Confratello

G

Utente
3945 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 18:37

Eccovi due belle immagini della saga. :lol:

93_wheelposter.jpg

Into_the_Ruinsprintpic.jpg

A
Aegon Targaryen
Confratello
Utente
3418 messaggi
Aegon Targaryen
Confratello

A

Utente
3418 messaggi
Inviato il 01 aprile 2008 21:57

E' un pesce di aprile. Tutti gli anni FM pubblica notizie del genere. :wub:

A questo giro Kindra ha preso in giro tutti noi appassionati di Jordan :lol:

:)

K
kindra
Confratello
Utente
1911 messaggi
kindra
Confratello

K

Utente
1911 messaggi
Inviato il 02 aprile 2008 10:54
Se è un pesce d'Aprile, giuro che Kindra me la mangio!!! :lol: :D

Ehm... non vorrai far diventare orfana la mia Alessia solo per un innocente scherzetto, vero?

Comunque devo dire che già mentre scrivevo quelle righe pregustavo i brividi che avrei fatto venire a più di una persona. Significa che sotto sotto sono un po' perfida? :)

Peccato solo che zia Pol, con le sue doti di maga, abbia visto troppo presto l'inganno... :wub:

Seriamente, Sanderson ha cominciato a scrivere, e se tutto va secondo i suoi piani il libro dovrebbe essere terminato prima della fine dell'anno. :stralol: :stralol: :D

M
Maynard
Confratello
Utente
805 messaggi
Maynard
Confratello

M

Utente
805 messaggi
Inviato il 02 aprile 2008 11:36

Lì per lì ci ero rimasto male...anche perchè sto finendo di leggere il sesto capitolo della saga e l'ho trovato decisamente migliore del precedente che non mi era piaciuto molto...qualche informato sa quando uscirà in linea di massima il settimo episodio in edizione economica?

B
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello
Utente
3611 messaggi
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello

B

Utente
3611 messaggi
Inviato il 02 aprile 2008 11:41
Se è un pesce d'Aprile, giuro che Kindra me la mangio!!! :wub: :stralol:

Ehm... non vorrai far diventare orfana la mia Alessia solo per un innocente scherzetto, vero?

Comunque devo dire che già mentre scrivevo quelle righe pregustavo i brividi che avrei fatto venire a più di una persona. Significa che sotto sotto sono un po' perfida? :stralol:

Si....sei decisamente perfida :lol: ...per poco non mi andava di traverso la colazione ieri mattina!!! :D

Ok, sei salva...ma lo faccio per Alessia, non ti credere!! :)

Bry :D

K
kindra
Confratello
Utente
1911 messaggi
kindra
Confratello

K

Utente
1911 messaggi
Inviato il 05 aprile 2008 0:14
Ok, sei salva...ma lo faccio per Alessia, non ti credere!!

Grazie! Sono commossa dalla tua generosità e dall'affetto che dimostri nei miei confronti... :wub: :D

Comunque, se pensi che io sia stata perfida, questo era il pesce d'aprile pubblicato da Locus :wub:

Final Martin Manuscript Triggers Mass Suicides at Bantam

by Narceen Plowers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Panic, hysteria, depression, and mass suicide struck the offices of Bantam Books today when New York Times bestselling author George R. R. Martin turned in a manuscript for the final book of his A Song of Fire and Ice series that came in at a concise 87 pages.

"As I sat down to write the book, I suddenly realized that I could tie everything up in a satisfying climax at novella length," said Martin in a prepared statement. "Brevity being the soul of wit, I decided to do just that. I think all the fans of he series will be very pleased with the way it turned out."

"The world is a black, hellish nightmare of unceasing despair and endless sorrow!" cried Martin's editor Anne Groell, rending her garments as her editorial assistants stood wailing around her. "A stygian darkness descends, blotting out all life and hope! O Tempora! O Mores! My life work reduced to ashes before my eyes, leaving not but a voice and bitter weeping! Oh cruel fate! I die!" she declared, just before committing seppuku with a letter opener.

"That bastard! That sick, heartless bastard!" declared a Bantam marketing director as he loaded bullets into a Lugar. "After all we've done for him, this is how he repays us? Do you know how much money we had to pay Time to call him 'the American Tolkien?'"

"The thing you've got to understand is that fantasy readers buy books based on their thickness," said a Bantam sales rep who asked not to be named "for insurance purposes." "We actually have these people on video taking out a measuring tape when deciding on which fantasy books to buy. The new Martin will be dead on arrival, Bantam will go under, and none of us will be able to feed our families. Now you have to excuse me, a spot's opened up on the ledge."

Martin's own fans seemed to take the news in stride. When reached for comment, David "Lodengarl" McCaman, Baron in the A Song of Fire and Ice fan club Brotherhood Without Banners, said: "The Lord Martin giveth, and the Lord Martin taketh away. Ours is not to question His will, for we are but lowly supplicants before his Divine Majesty from whom all fiction flows. Verily, we have stood by our Lord for the Stealing of the Hugos, and the Knighting of the Brothers, and the Dispensing of the Hot Dogs, where dogs with relish and without were dispensed, each unto their order, at the hand of the Lord himself, and we shall stand with him unto the end of the world, nah, unto the very Gates of Hell!"

When reached for additional comment, Martin's companion Parris said he was unable to come to the phone. "Sorry, he's busy rolling around in his $20 bill room, shouting something about 'Free at last, free at last, Lord, Lord, I'm free at last!' and 'Howard's $100 is mine!' Can I have him call you back?"

Until the final death toll is known, it is unclear whether it will top the previous record of 129 Martin-related suicides on January 8, 1990, following CBS' cancellation of Beauty and the Beast.

E ho appena scoperto che c'è anche di peggio. Questo è quanto ha scritto lo zio sul suo sito lo scorso primo aprile.

Wild Cards Meets Ice & Fire

Some days the muse is with you, some days she's not.

After years of struggle, I have finally figured out how to wrap up A SONG OF ICE & FIRE. As most of you know, it has been taking me longer and longer to deliver these books. The thing is, I got the poor Stark family into such deep trouble that I could no longer see any good, plausible way to get them out. I had written my poor characters into a deep, deep cave and the light was going out. No wonder I was having trouble. Why, I had created problems so severe that there was no way the Starks could hope to overcome them. Winterfell was doomed.

But today I had a brainstorm, and now the way is clear.

The problem was, I was taking my lead from J.R.R. Tolkien. JRRT was a master, of course, but he was sort of obsessive as well, when you come down to it. Middle Earth, Middle Earth, elves, orcs, dwarfs, that was all he could think about. I needed a broader perspective, so today I decided, the hell with Tolkien, I will take my inspiration instead from such giants as Stephen King, Isaac Asimov, and Robert A. Heinlein. King tied all of his work together in the conclusion of the DARK TOWER series. Asimov joined his Robot series to his Foundation series in the last books he wrote before his death. RAH, the first Grandmaster, the DEAN of Science Fiction, had all his protagonists get together for a cocktail party in THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST. So why should I limit myself to one world and one set of characters?

Winterfell is saved! The Wild Cards are coming to the rescue!

It's perfect. Melisandre will open the gate with one of her fire spells, and from a world beyond the heroes will come through to save the Starks and rescue all of Westeros. The Others cannot hope to stand against Popinjay, Jetboy, and the Great and Powerful Turtle. So what if they can raise the dead? So can Hoodoo Mama. And what evil knight of Westeros could hope to match blades against Lohengrin armored in his ghost steel, with his glowing force sword in his hand? And those dragons... sure, they're pretty fierce, but little Dragon Huntress can match them with her stuffy Puffy, and she can pull out Cthulhu too! Modular Man, Cap'n Trips, Yeoman, Carnifex, Bubbles, Curveball, Dr. Tachyon, Water Lily, Fortunato, Troll, Midnight Angel, and the rest... they'll set right all that's wrong in Westeros and do it in short order.

Why didn't I see this earlier?

The muse is good.

The Wild Cards are coming to Westeros, and all is saved!!!

Dopo questo, direi che io non ho scritto proprio nulla di allarmante. :D :huh: :huh:

B
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello
Utente
3611 messaggi
Brynden "PesceNero"
Confratello

B

Utente
3611 messaggi
Inviato il 07 aprile 2008 8:46

Ahahah....quella della Bantam è troppo forte...non l'avevo letta!! <_<